Shopping doesn’t seem that hard, right? But do you ever get to a store with your hopes up for a little retail therapy and nothing seems to fit right? It happens to the best of us! After working in various realms of the retail industry, I’ve been able to identify some tricks to help ease your shopping woes.
1. Wear comfortable clothes! You don’t want to go into a store wearing something that is difficult to take off, it will only make trying on clothes even greater of a hassle.
2. Look through the entire store! Just because you don’t like what is on the mannequins, doesn’t mean you have to stop there. There are so many different options that can be tucked away in various areas of the store.
3. Ask for help! The salespeople are there for a reason; they’ve been trained to help you. So why wouldn’t you make your shopping experience a little easier by having them on your side?
4. Don’t go on an empty stomach! You want your clothes to fit true to you, so don’t starve yourself to fit in to that smaller size. It is important for you to be comfortable!
5. Inspect the garment! Make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. You don’t want to get home and realize there is a hole or snag in the fabric. Also, read the tags and make sure you’re not purchasing something that is difficult to maintain if you’re someone that doesn’t like clothes that are dry clean only.
6. Fit. Fit! FIT! Don’t force yourself into something that you don’t physically feel comfortable in. When you’re walking around or at work, you want to feel confident in what you’re wearing! Not something you have
7. Have fun! They call it retail therapy for a reason, this shouldn’t be something that stresses you out.